Birthday Blues




Ok, so I had a little attack of the birthday blues. Seriously though, I guess I felt down because I feel like I haven't achieved everything I wanted so far in my life....we all feel like that at one point or another right?
I guess the key is to remember that in life, our hopes and aspirations are not set in stone. Things change, people change....and so, plans change!
So, I didn't become a best selling author like I thought I would at age 6, and I didn't become a singing sensation like I believed I would be at age 13....or even a Doctor, as I hoped I would when I studied Medicinal Science at University. But as I said...things change.
 

I've changed, and recently I feel like I have less dreams than I did when I was younger....and even worse-I believe that as I have become older, my dreams are less obtainable. Talk about depressing!

But like the seasons, I'm hoping my sombre mood of late won't last long (and judging by the bipolar seasons here in the UK it shouldn't last more than a few hours!). So I'm taking steps to change my outlook on my future....







Although I had an attack of the blues, I did manage to have a good day, as I spent it with my main man aka my son lol.

We went to my latest favourite eatery Vapiano located on Great Portland Street. The food is amazing!-I haven't sampled everything on the menu (give me time) but I have so far loved the BBQ chicken Pizza, and the Gamberetti (prawns with linguine) I love the fact that you have a choice of pasta, and everything is cooked in front of you as you wait.
My son had a margherita pizza which they shape into a cute bunny! (at least I think it was).

We topped off our meal with two salted caramel cupcakes from Harrods which were divine!...except for the sprinkle of rocksalt on top (?!) which did nothing for the flavour!






Now the outfit-It just so happened that I decided to wear blue on that day also (purely coincidental lol).

I am still in love with these cobalt blue skinny jeans I snagged from H&M, and I decided to wear and equally bright colour on top with the sunshine yellow jumper. Usually I do make more of an effort with my birthday outfit-but as I wasn't in much of a birthday mood, and the weather was crap I decided this was enough effort. I finally got my hands on the YSL Arty ring in Lapis blue-so that cheered me up receiving that in the post on my b-day ;-)

I decided to wear my headscarf in this fashion to change it up a bit. I wore it like this for the first time while I was away in Sicily last month and I love it! I will definitely be doing it more this summer.



Although I could have a lot more at my age, I could also have a lot less....and for that reason, I am more than happy with where I am today :-)


Jeans £7 H&M | Jacket £ 17.50 Topshop on eBay | Jumper £14.99 H&M | Boots £49.99 Aldo | Scarf £4 Primark | Bag Louis Vuitton | YSL Arty Ring Found on eBay


12 comments

  1. [ Smiles ] You shouldn't have the blues.

    Why?

    Because, you were blessed with the gift of life and you look like a diva.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks for your kind words-appreciate it! :-)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Everything about this Brilliant Outfit!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice clothes and look, the only blues you should have are the ones you're wearing, you have everything going for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things do change, keep your focus :) I love your pictures and colors on this post. Happy birthday haha :)
    http://nataliastorm.com/optimize-conversions-squeeze-pages-email-swipes/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank so much for your comment-and thanks for the bday wishes! :-)

      Delete
  5. Your Outfit looks great, You are Fearfully and wonderfully made, You have a "Main Man" aka your son, you are alive, and have mobility...on e surface you have lots to be grateful for and be happy about...

    Whatever makes you feeling Blue its a lie from the dark side...its one of his tricks..to make you feel like you have achieved nothing. Here is my best bit of mama advice. Go on YouTube ad Find the audio book "Outwitting the Devil" Listen to it several times and you will never ever allow your self the luxury of self pity and feeling blue!

    Then

    Sit down with a blank piece of PAPER and PENCIL and Write down your blessings and everything you should feel grateful for, literally counting your blessings it called!
    Start with your very being..life, breath, smile, eyes from the top of your head to your tippy toes...Then your family, home, neighbours, community, Job, etc you get the picture? Do this every day repetition is the mother of all habits good & otherwise. Soon you will have a book full of GRatitude...and as you do your outlook on life will change and you will attract more of what you love to you! You deserve it gal!

    Julie Syl~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow just saw this, Thanks for your comment! That made me feel better :-)....and I will definitely be listening to that audio-Thank you! X

      Delete
  6. Don't have the Blues you look amazing love your outfit Loving the Purse also !~

    ReplyDelete