The Hunt For Happiness



Ok, I have taken a break from posting anything on my blog. It wasn't a case of not having anything to post.....quite the opposite! I have so many ideas for my blog, and I have so much to say!
But, sometimes it doesn't matter how much you want to do something, certain things can hold you back from doing what you want to achieve-that's just how life goes I suppose.

To be honest, I needed a break...one less commitment to worry about. I have bad memories that always resurface this time of the year so it's always a good idea to step back, take a breather and re-evaluate your life when things get too much or when things just aren't panning out the way you hoped.




As someone who does deal with social anxiety, not many people get to see the "happy" side of me. And to be honest, even I forget that part of me due to the pressures and stresses of life. It's funny, I recently bumped into an old friend I hadn't seen for years! and he said to me:

"You know, The one thing I remember about you is that you always loved to laugh-It didn't  
                       matter what it was about, you just loved to laugh all the time!"



And it hit me......He's right! What the heck happened to that girl?? Life shouldn't drag you down so much that you actually forget how to smile. I mean, don't get me wrong-I do know that I am capable of being happy, I just recognise that the older I get-the harder I have to work at achieving the happiness I deserve.







So now I am on a mission to find my happiness, and to be more comfortable and content with who I am. It's a long road and a bumpy journey, but its possible :-)

One thing I definitely need to work on, is eliminating negative things from my life-including people, and certain situations I put myself in.






















I'm sure I will be posting more on the topic of happiness, so I will leave you now with......

                                      5 Random things that make me happy
  1. Ok, The top reason for my happiness has to be my son-he is literally my best friend, and his smile and laughter lights up my heart in a nanosecond!                                                                  
  2. Booking a flight to a random destination without a plan and just seeing what happens when I get there :-)                                                                                                                                     
  3.  Watching vines on YouTube, some of them are terrible-but it's a guilty pleasure of mine!             
  4. Salsa dancing, words can't describe how happy that makes me! especially when I'm dancing at home on my own to one of my favourite songs :-D                                                                         
  5. Tea! I'm not even exaggerating, I don't know where I would be today if it wasn't for tea, it's the best drink EVER! (sorry coffee drinkers!) lol 




Tassel skirt £9.75 JustFab | Cream Blouse £14.99 H&M | Shoes £565 Saint Laurent | Belts £1-3 Primark | Handbag £230 Louis Vuitton (found on eBay)


What random things make you happy? Share below in the comments!

I hope you liked this post, and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram :-D

31 comments

  1. Lovely post. It's great to focus on the positives.

    Recently I've been reading a lot more and that makes me happy! Makes a change from staring at my laptop all evening! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by :-) I agree with you, I have also taken up reading again and I forgot how happy it made me :-D

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi there, that look is so pretty, i love the skirt and i like how it sway as you move. Also you look really happy in the pictures. xx

    http://www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks for commenting, glad you like it :-) X

      Delete
    2. You are right it looks pretty.Not alot of people can pull this up.Amazing write up too
      ____________
      Italysfashionkings.com

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos and post! The skirt is fab - reminds me of the Ralph Lauren ones! Stephanie x

    www.thestylememo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for you comments-yeah it is a fun skirt to wear! :-)
      Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  4. I love this look! That skirt looks so fun! and the blouse and shoes go so well with it :-) I haven't seen the tributes in that colour before-gorgeous!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! aww thanks so much for your comments! It is a fun skirt to wear lol. I had to get those shoes as soon as I saw them-they go with everything! :-D
      x

      Delete
  5. Your photos are so bright and happy!!

    x Sophia

    Founder | Blog and The City
    Personal Blog | Tao of Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thanks for commenting-glad you like them! :-D x

      Delete
  6. nice skirt
    new post:
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com.ng/2015/12/skull-survival.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your skirt!

    http://www.yukovablog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is phenomenal! It looks great with the movement. Keep smiling!

    xx Angella
    http://importedbubbly.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There! Thanks so much for your comment-It is a really fun skirt to wear lol. Have a great day :-D

      Delete
  9. Love this skirt on you ! Still not getting tired of them fringes. Love dancing with them ahah
    WWW.DJIWOO.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! lol yeah I really love dancing with fringes! Thanks for your comments :-) x

      Delete
  10. Oh, you are so so stunning! I love your skirt, it's perfect on you! Keep going :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Thanks so much for your comments! That's so kind of you :-) Sure I will check out your blog X

      Delete
  11. yes, yes yes to the fringe skirt- p.s. I'm writing a new blog post with a fringe skirt at the moment as well! thehehhe.
    Agreed, life does sometimes pressure us to be happy, and we somehow find our way back out the rabbit hole again. Muah! Joua To The Rescue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! lool glad you like my post :-D, yep it's a daily struggle but we all deserve to be happy :-) will check out your blog X

      Delete
  12. Love the skirt and your pics are such great happy! I'm on a happiness journey myself girl! Good luck!

    Xoxo
    Christina
    Www.styletothet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much for your comments, appreciate it! Good luck on your journey too! :-D

      Delete
  13. That skirt is fire!! You look effortlessly chic and beautiful.
    Yes, happiness is everything! :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a positive post, I love your energy!

    xx Z&G
    www.temple-of-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! wow thanks so much for your comment! I really appreciate it :-D
      Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  15. You look absolutely amazing!! what a gorgeous outfit xxxx

    http://www.teaseflutterpout.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks so much for your comment! :-D come back soon! lol X

      Delete