Wear the Sunshine!





































Skirt £3 Primark | Top £4 Primark | Shoes £14.40 Dorothy Perkins | Jacket £17.50 Topshop found on eBay | Bag Louis Vuitton (being discontinued!) | Cuff £5 Rare London


Remember the post Birthday Cake!!, where I said I had a very unusual dressing cubicle? this was the outfit I changed out of. In recent years I have started to really enjoy wearing bright yellow pieces. And when I saw this yellow maxi, I knew I couldn't leave the shop without it!

 I didn't even try it on, just picked it up and went straight to the cashpoint! I just knew it was going to be one of those perfect summer pieces.
The sunshine yellow puts a big smile on my face. And the colour combination of bright yellow, with a bit of blue, green and cream mixed in is very striking, especially with the floral print being so large and randomly placed.

I decided to not play it safe with the shoes, and go for an equally bright yellow shoe! I didn't want the colour to but cut off at my ankles so I chose to follow it all the way through as the jacket is so dark. I can also see this skirt nicely paired with a more turquoise top and tan gladiators.

In a country where we barely seem to get summer, sometimes it's nice to make do with "wearing" a bit of sun!

I can see that as I write this, the weather reports are predicting more showers today :-(

Maybe I should dig out my yellow blazer! :-D

Let me know what you think in the comments below, and don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin', Twitter and Pinterest for lots more inspiration! XX

10 comments

  1. I am in love with your skirt!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the floral skirt and I can't believe it was £3 x
    https://wyfix.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all yellow colors in your outfit. I think it is nice to dress cheerfully in a country where the weather is not so cheery, Wonderful post. :) And yes, I think a yellow brazer would be nice too.
    Greetings from Canada.

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for your comment!-I'm glad you like it! I can't wait to visit Canada one day....The cold and hot seasons equally look beautiful there! X

      Delete
  4. I am glad that yellow cheers you up! For me blue is my comfort colour and makes me feel happy and confident. I love your sunglasses they are gorgeous!
    http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your comment!-Ahh I do LOVE blue....I admit I haven't been wearing enough recently...can't wait to get more deep/cobalt colours for Autumn :-)
      Glad you love the sunglasses! X

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks for your comment-Glad you love the jacket :-D

      Delete