Flamingos in bloom-the chelsea flower show




























 











 
 Dress £14.99 H&M | Necklace £10 River Island | Shell clutch around £30 Accessorize | Sunglasses £4 Tiger | Cardigan £5 Primark | Shoes £565 Saint Laurent


The Chelsea Flower Show has been held in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London every year since 1913. It is organised by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) which was founded in 1804. Every year the RHS incorporate many themes into the show, and this year the theme was based on Alice in Wonderland. Being as it is such a prestegious event, naturally the Queen (as well as other members of the Royal family) was in attendance.

Being a princess myself-I also should have been in attendance....but I was busy shopping unfortunately! lol

Anyway!...I bought this dress in the sale a couple of years ago and had never worn it as I didn't have an occasion-but at that price I couldn't leave it! It is such a pretty and feminine dress, and the way it moves is so flattering :-)
I was going to wear it with my new Zara heels to compliment the waistband, but I changed my mind and went for my gold Tributes to compliment the shell clutch.


I noticed an elaborate display outside Browns (see pics below) when I got off my bus on Sloane Street, and I was so excited! my princess carriage had magically turned up-but alas I wasn't properly dressed. So I decided to come back two days later wearing my H&M dress, and when I turned up.....It had literally vanished! (rather, the store took it down)
And then I noticed the two massive pink beauties, standing tall and proud outside the Kate Spade store also in Sloane Square (situated on the corner of Symons Street and Pavilion Road in the Cadogan estate), and I'm glad I did!  I actually think my dress and the flamingos actually compliment each other more than my carriage would have!

Moral of the story: Sometimes things aren't suppose to work out the way you want them to....because something even better is waiting for you literally around the corner! ;-)





 
                                             Chelsea in Bloom 2015 logo









Hope you like it! Let me know what you think in the comments below-and don't forget you can follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin' and Facebook   XX

Special thanks to the Manager Alice at Kate Spade, who allowed me to use the changing room in her beautiful store for my outfit changes on the day, you were so kind! I will hopefully be back....to shop! :-D

14 comments

  1. You look stunning in your dress! i love the color and the photography is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stunning look, your dress is a perfect fit.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Absolutely ADORE This Dress!! You Rock it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [ Smiles ] I love what they did with the flowers and your outfit is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love your photos and love that dress... yep you rock

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pics.Perfect! http://sonsuzlugunotesindenbirblog.blogspot.com.tr/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he! thanks for commenting! I'm glad you like it ;-)

      Delete