Winter Wonderland Hyde Park + OOTD

 


I can't believe that Winter Wonderland has been around since 2009, and that until this past christmas-I had never been before! Trust me, as someone who loves funfairs and themeparks that is a shocking fact!
On my usual bus journey to Marble Arch for my weekly shopping trip, I was attracted by the bright lights and the sight of what appeared to be dozens of rides....I literally felt like a big kid, and I was determined to go this time....boy am I glad I did!


There were too many rides to count, Lots for the kiddies to go on (my son had a fantastic time!) and there were more hardcore rides for big kids....I'm talking Alton towers/Thorpe park level, which led my friend and me to go on one called "Ski Jump". Now, comparing it to some of the more "dangerous" looking rides we thought it would be a happy medium....we were wrong! The Ski Jump is to this date, one of the most terrifying rides I have been on....ever! I won't go into detail about my mental state after the ride finished. But have you ever been so scared that you literally cannot scream?! well...that was me. Infact im pretty sure my brain just shut down after a while as some sort of survival mechanism.

Maybe I'm being a tad overdramatic, or maybe I'm just getting old....either way, I know I will never get on that ride again for as long as I live! However if you are up for a thrilling ride, then this one will not let you down and is totally worth it :-D



Also went on a rollercoaster called "Thriller" I believe, and in my opinion it was not worth it! My head was bashed so much on the "safety" bars that I ended up with a headache and didn't get to actually enjoy the ride....

Wherever you go, bumper cars are always a safe bet-and the ones at Winter Wonderland didn't disappoint....it always helps when you have great competitors, and they were out in full force on the night we went :-D

I would've like to go on the ferris wheel which judging by the pics I saw on instagram, provided some fantastic views of Hyde Park and beyond.

Also the Ice skating rink (largest open air rink in London) looks fun, and I would consider going to the circus (provided there are no scary looking clowns) and the magical Ice Kingdom to see the ice sculptures.

There were so many places to eat which made it difficult for me to choose, so I opted for the freshly fried churros smothered in hot milk chocolate.....It's worth a visit just for those bad boys!















What I loved about Winter Wonderland was the friendly security and staff, the vast amount of toilet facilities which were very well maintained, and the option to pay for rides with your debit/credit cards (no charge) so you didn't have to use the cashpoints threatening a £2.75 charge!

All in all it is a great event to go to, and if you're lucky enough to spend Christmas in the capital this year then you should definitely schedule this into your itinerary....I went a total of three times, and that wasn't enough. I'm already counting down the days!

 

My outfit had no rhyme or reason to be honest, I didn't really put much thought into jewellery/accessories I wanted to wear. I just knew I wanted to wear a bit of fur, a bit of sparkle and a Louis speedy which was a great size to carry my DSLR in. Speaking of which, I would like to thank my son for attempting to take my outfit shots for the day. Considering he is only 9, and neither of us know what we're doing (lol) I think he did a pretty great job!....I might have to hire him full time (and possibly pay him with hot chocolate!)




 




Coat £30 Primark | Jeans £15 Primark | Boots 29.99 New Look | Sunglasses 5 euros in Barcelona | Necklace £15 Topshop | Long length T shirt £5.99 Zara | MC Speedy 30 Louis Vuitton


                                                               Thanks for reading! XX
                    Are you planning on going to Winter Wonderland 2016?? Comment below :-)

15 comments

  1. [ Smiles ] That version of Winter Wonderland looks like fun.

    I will have to Google "Hyde Park" to learn more about this destination.

    Also, I enjoyed looking at your fashion photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your comment! yeah Hyde Park is a famous Park here in London :-)

      Delete
  2. Very cute as usual :)
    www.djiwoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Winter wonderland looks pretty cool, awesome rides by the look of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! yeah those rides are pretty serious! lol thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  4. Looking like fun !!~~ ♥♥ thank you for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! So Cool!! I want go to winter Wonderland!! Thank you much for Sharing!! Your Outfit Is POSH too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much for your comments-appreciate it! :-D

      Delete
  6. That looks so fun.. I want to go now. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Looks like youre having so much funnnn... awesome booties!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for your comments! It was soooo much fun....and I'm obsessed with my booties! :-D
      Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  8. Amazing
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete