The London Grey

 

Something about grey.....I had never been a fan of the colour...and as a result never felt the desire to wear it. It just reminds me of those miserable grey days we have here in London. It's a depressing feeling when you look up at the sky and see nothing but a blanket of grey. Along with the grey concrete pavements and buildings, too much grey can be.......dull. 


Which is why when it comes to clothes, I always prefer bright colourful pieces-even in winter! bubblegum pink, turquoise..even canary yellow!....why wait for Spring/Summer to inject colour into your wardrobe? If you ask me, we (well I do anyway) need those bright pops of colour to brighten up those miserable days. And I always appreciate seeing someone wearing a pop of colour on those dark winter days.







But back to the grey.....I must say that it is actually a nice colour to wear, and can instantly change the look of your typical everyday outfit. It looks good dressed up as well as down, and I find that it is easy to wear both gold and silver jewellery with! I even managed to add a touch of rose gold in the form of my bangle from Primark which I absolutely Love! It's not easy for me to find an item with which I can confidently wear three shades of metal-and have them all work equally as good as each other....so that is a big plus for grey! Speaking of silver............





I am OBSESSESD with these dark silver boots I found in New Look a few months ago, they are literally amazing! They have so much sparkle....it's impossible to capture just how sparkly they are, especially at night!....they actually remove the need of wearing a high visibility jacket when crossing the London roads....you could see me coming for miles! lol
























If you didn't know this already, I am also obsessed with studs...on anything! so when I found this jumper on sale in H&M, it was a no brainer....Although I am not a fan of garments made from 100% acrylic, this one is an exception as it is very thick, warm and doesn't produce very obvious bobbles.













Coat £30 Primark | Jumper £7 H&M | Jeans £10 Matalan | Boots £21 New Look | Sunglasses £8 Mango | Headscarf £6.99 H&M | Scarf £280 Louis Vuitton | Bag Louis Vuitton | Jewellery-Topshop, H&M, Forever 21, SheIn and Primark.


Do you like the grey "trend" is it one of you staple colours to wear? how do you style it?? let us know!
 Thanks for reading! XX

8 comments

  1. Love the jewelry and accessories you chose! That ring is BEAUTIFUL!
    Vanessa
    www.theretropenguin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun! Thanks for you comment! I'm obsessed with my ring, still can't believe it was a pound! :-D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this outfit, you look fab!!!

    www.thesisterwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for delay in reply, thanks so much for your comment! :-D

      Delete
  4. hey i am very new blogger. please give me tips to get better. www.girlzfromvenus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your look! and those boots....are amazing!! :-D Great blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks so much for your comment! Come back soon :-D

      Delete