Chanel-ising a blazer


Hey guys! so a couple of years ago I found a pair of vintage chanel earrings on eBay which I loved! they were the perfect size for me, not too big or small-so I snapped them up (naturally). I had them shipped over from Japan and Immediately started wearing them. They were clip-ons....and not that secure....and you guessed it

By the time I got home, one of my ears felt suspiciously light, my Chanel earring was gone forever! :-(
SO now I had this one earring, without its mate, and I just threw it somewhere in my room because it was useless on its own. I had toyed with the idea of selling it on ebay as a single earring (trust me someone would definitely buy it!)
And then I thought "maybe I could do something with it?!" and suddenly remembered the Stripe jacket I bought from Bershka for my birthday....and my creative juices started flowing!....well, maybe thats an overexaggeration....I just sewed the earring to the left lapel of my blazer ;-p 





Beforehand, I took off the back part of the clip on (showed in the top picture) and sewed inbetween two perfecty sized holes on the back to secure it to the lapel. I was going to use a safety pin to attach it, But after what happened with the other earring I wanted to make it more secure.
I think this is a great way to add a bit of class to a casual outfit, and makes a statement in a less obvious way.
Whats great about this is that you can update your jacket, or any other item-and still remove it and use it on another item of clothing if you get bored!
I also have some gold buttons I bought a few years ago but haven't used yet, so I would like to replace the buttons on this jacket with them :-)



















Funilly enough I have another random Chanel earring lying around....and I think I know what I'm going to do with it ;-)

I just need to find the damn thing first!.......

Let me know what you think by commenting below-and don't forget you can follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin'  <3

P.S. Stay tuned for an outfit post featuring this blazer, coming soon.....x

2 comments

  1. Super super CUTE ;)

    Bisous from France,
    Sand.

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete