Favourite flats of the month-Gucci monogram loafer









Like men, there are different types of shoes on the market. The ones that you take one glimpse of and think...."Ok, you're mine, right now!" (in a marriage sense lol) , then there are the ones you encounter and think "well, you look ok....and you're not completely crazy-so I guess you will do" lol

For me, the Gucci monogrammed loafer is that second type of guy. I originally bought them primarily because they were 50% off in the Selfridges sale, secondly because they were the "in" thing just before I got them. It seemed everyone stopped wearing them by the time I bought them-which I actually prefer!

When I got them, I was happy-but not overly excited. I tried them on, and the first thing I thought was "man these are SOLID". Seriously they are built like a brick house, but yet sooo comfy to walk in!
 I remember my first venture outside in them I decided to team them with a pair of Topshop flares. And I swear each time I walked and saw them peeking out of my jeans....I reminded myself of some sort of drug dealer! (totally random I'll admit and not the look I was going for)

Sooo after that failed styling attempt-I put them to the back of my closet and didn't think of them for a long time. Put it this way, I have had them for maybe 9/10 years! and have only worn them maybe 10 times. During that time I took a serious liking to Louis Vuitton loafers, and the rest was history.

However this Sunday I met with my photographer for some outfit shots around London. And for one particular outfit I was wracking my brain over which shoes I would use to finish it off, and they popped into my head.

I must say that I absolutely LOVE the resulting outfit.....and I'm hoping I don't indeed look like a drug dealer (I'll let you decide that!) Be sure to stay tuned to see my upcoming outfit posts!


I can honestly say that these are the MOST SOLID pair of shoes I own, and truly an investment piece-I am looking forward to making the most out of them over the coming months, and am thinking about purchasing some from their new season. I have indeed fallen in love with them again.

So the moral of the story is..........sometimes true love is a slow burner! <3

Thanks for reading! xx


Follow me on Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   and    Bloglovin'

4 comments

  1. How nice these shoes are ;)

    Bonne journée from France,
    Sand.

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! yes they are, glad I made the investment ;-) Thanks for stopping by! x

    ReplyDelete