The Topshop Reversible Sateen Bomber Jacket


 If you would have told me a year ago (even a few months ago) that I would buy a bomber jacket....I would've told you "you're crazy!" Not that I had anything against them, I just hadn't thought about owning one in recent times. But this one changed my thoughts.....
 




I remember I had one when I was around 12 I think. I pestered my Mum into getting one for me, and I was ecstatic when she took me to Brixton market to pick one up!
It was perfect! Black with bright orange lining and the standard zipped pocket detail on the upper arm, I loved everything about it <3  Back then I was all skin and bone, so I'm pretty sure it was probably too big for me at the time. But paired with my mock croc DM's I didn't give a damn! I was the bees knees lol!

Cut to over a month ago when I was watching a random haul vlog by beauty blogger Samantha Maria aka BeautyCrush, and she picked this up in Topshop Oxford Circus-and my jaw dropped, it is such a beautiful jacket, and the fact that it's reversible-makes it even more desirable.

So after being so good and not splashing the cash on my birthday, I decided to splurge on it! It was sold out for a while, so when it restocked online I immediately ordered it. The price (for me) is shocking at £85!













The blue is Gorgeous and vibrant, the embroidery is great also, however......when I opened my package the embroidery was already unravelling on the black side so I returned it before it got worse :-(

I have since reordered it again, but I'm a bit apprehensive about paying that much for the jacket only to have the embroidery unravel on me again! so we'll see......

All that being said, it is truly a gorgeous versatile piece, and can be worn dressed up or down. A lot of fun could be had styling this one :-D

If you decide to splurge on this, my advice would be to size up! I am usually an 8/10, but I decided to go for 12 with this jacket as I think it looks better oversized. The elasticated waist and cuffs still gives it a fitted look without being too tight which was the case with the size 10 I tried on. Also be veeery careful with sharp edges e.g. nails and jewellery as the material is very delicate, and any snag shows up very easily.










Reversible Bomber £85 Topshop Find it here | Boots £49.99 Aldo | Top £3 Primark | Jeans £7 Topshop | Ring YSL Arty in Lapis blue

I have since bought another bomber from Zara, so look out for an outfit post with that one!

Before I go I would like to thank my son for taking these pictures for me!, He gets better and better every time! I can't believe he was only 9 when he took these....he is now officially my new photographer!

Have you embraced the current bomber trend? which one did you buy?? Comment below! :-D

ETA-They have JUST released a new reversible one in bright green! Find it Here!

11 comments

  1. Beautiful bomber and design. Love all of your pictures and the back grounds. Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments! Glad you like the pics! :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree I love the Blue on the Jacket and your photo's are great !!~ A very pleasant read thank you for sharing all of this with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! Glad you like it :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful design. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that color of blue just gorgeous and beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for commenting, glad you like it, I'm obsessed with the colour too! :-D

      Delete
  5. What amazing Images, Your son is Gifted. I do have a Bomber Jacket...its a few years old. Its Black Leather! OMG I havent worn it in ages. Thanks for reminding me! Gal you look great and those Shades hmmm Super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I love reading your comments! I'm glad you like it (so is my son! lol) I got the shades for only 5 euros in Barcelona :-D.....now is definitely the time to pull out your bomber! Thanks for reading :-D

      Delete
  6. This blue Bomber jacket is so nice

    http://lyvlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete